Thursday, April 24, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 54!

I Still Love Garlic!
Juice Feast Day 54


The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning we made 6 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, spinach, romaine, parsley, carrots, and apple. I also added ginger and garlic to my GVJ. We also made three quarts of orange and pineapple, and one two quarts of grapefruit garlic

DAVID:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 2 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5 QUARTS JUICE

KATRINA:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 3 QUARTS FRUIT

TOTAL JUICE: 6 QUARTS JUICE

Added to juices: Vitamineral Green, kelp, flax/DHA oil, bee pollen and maca.

Also taken: Vitalzym, NCD, astragalus root tea, antioxidant extreme, Max Stress B, and water.

Personal Journal:

Oil in my GVJ = BLOATING!!! I will try tomorrow taking my oil away from my juice, and see if that helps.

My energy came back today, and I feel high and happy on juice once again. Oh I am in love with garlic, I can feel it pouring goodness into my body, and at the same time burning off the things no longer needed. Just recently got a little book called The Healing Benefits of Garlic by John Heinerman, who is also the author of The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices, in which he claims that GARLIC is his all time favorite herb. I would have to agree. My immune system and whole body in general feels SO strong when I have lots of garlic in my diet. In this little book about garlic I have learned all kinds of fascinating uses, such as chopping it small, mixing it with saliva (for enzymes) and using it as a poultice for snake bite, scorpion bite, any kind of bug bite, and the sulphur in the garlic bonds or links up with individual molecules of poison and renders them inert before they pass through the liver. A similar process is at work when sulphur compounds come between tow or more chemical food additives and prevent them from linking to form potentially cancer-causing agents within the body! You can also use crushed garlic mixed with honey (to make it stick) and apply it to a tooth with a painful cavity, and the garlic will act as a pain killer and take the pain away! The list goes on and on, and I don’t think I will ever be with out this magical root ever again!

Have a beautiful, spicy, day!!

Katrina and David

No comments: