Friday, March 7, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day Seven

I Love Watermelon!
Juice Feast Day 7

The Daily Juice Journal:

I am no longer going to try and keep track of how much water we are drinking, but on average it is about 2-3 quarts per day.

DAVID:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 8:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, mixed baby greens, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 11:30: 1 PINT orange, grapefruit and lemon

JUICE # 3: 1:30 1 QUART GVJ (same as above) with 1 TBS hemp oil, 1 TBS Vitamineral Green, 1 TBS Chlorella and ¼ tsp kelp

JUICE #4: 3:30 1 QUART orange, grapefruit and lemon

JUICE # 5: 5:00 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE #6: 6:30 1 PINT watermelon, raspberry, blueberry (yes, yes, we know, end with a green juice, but it is Friday night!!)

TOTAL JUICE: 5 QUARTS

Detox helpers: morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, rebounding, tongue scraping, sunbathing (hooray, the warm sun is back and the cold wind has calmed down!)

Exercise: 10 minutes rebounding, 30 minutes resistance training.

KATRINA:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 8:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, mixed baby greens, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 11:30: 1 PINT orange, grapefruit and lemon

JUICE # 3: 1:30 1 QUART GVJ (same as above) with 1 TBS hemp oil, 1 TBS Vitamineral Green, 1 TBS Chlorella and ¼ tsp kelp

JUICE #4: 3:30 1 QUART orange, grapefruit and lemon

JUICE # 5: 5:00 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE #6: 6:30 2 swallows of watermelon, raspberry, blueberry (yes, yes, we know, end with a green juice, but it is Friday night!!)

TOTAL JUICE: 4.5 QUARTS and two swallows

Once again the Rainosheks are almost equal in their juices.

Detox helpers: Morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, tongue scraping, rebounding, sunbathing (did I mention the wind died down, allowing the sunshine to send down its warming rays?)

Exercise: 45 minute rebounding, 10 minutes resistance training

Rainoshek’s Daily Tips:

Reflect on the beliefs that may have changed within you just in the last week of Juice Feasting. Reflect on the new realizations that you have had this week. Drink a toast (green and juicy, or in our case watermelon/berry juicy!) to yourself for drinking juice for a whole week!

Your Questions:

Hey David and Katrina!!
Thanks for everything you guys have been doing!
It makes this so much fun and there is a lot of support!
Yay its day number 6!!! and I'm feeling great!!
Last week I was eating a lot of spirulina with coconut oil, stevia, celtic salt and cinnamon!! Really tasty! def hooked!!
I was wondering if it is ok to start eating it like this again or if its important to just be mixing it into my juices? I did however drink water before and after this snack so it wasn’t like a glob in my belly...
I also did this today but with the Vitamineral green powder, (almost 2 TBS extra then what I had already stirred into my juices)
Also yesterday I made this concoction minus the spirulina and used 1 TBS slippery elm powder instead, (which I bought for my herbal teas) I know it sounds strange but it was really good!! What do you guys think about this? I def don’t want to be doing anything that can hold me back on this Feast in any way.
What about eating Tocotrienols as a snack?
My final question is in regards to the coconut oil, I believe you say on your site 1tblsp a day......I heard today from someone at the Rawfood world that you are to eat 1tblsp every 3 days......just thought I'd double check and clear that up....especially since a couple times now I have eaten 2tblsp a day

We Say:

Oh you guys can get so creative sometimes!!

A while back we had a group of Juice Feasting students doing what you are describing and they called it “Superfood Paste” and here is what David had to say about it:

Alright everybody! I have been reading blogs about making "Superfood Paste."

First, having coached Juice Feasts now for almost 5 years, this is great comic relief. I also understand where this is coming from.

The desire to eat solid food is really strong, so strong that I have known many, many Juice Feasters who have made combinations like this, and have then found themselves eating solid food next, and their dreams of achieving incredible health gains disappear...

The superfood powders are for putting in your juices only. Honey is for tea every once in a while and making the occasional Master Cleanser. And hemp oil is to be put into your juices.

The problem here with using the superfood concentrates and oils on the feast, making a paste, and eating it, is that this huge concentration of calories and some fiber is going to switch on your desire to eat solid food.

I have seen this so many times I am pleading with you my dear Juice Feasting students now and for all time to not do this. Just put everything you can in your juices, and drink on schedule. If you are hungry, drink more juice.

I want you to be successful, and not slip back into eating solid food when you know the benefits of Juice Feasting can only be derived from keeping life simple and drinking juice.

Lastly, for the record, my mentor and colleague John Rose who taught me about what we now call Juice Feasting rarely uses these Green Superfood Powder Concentrates and bee pollen granules in his long Juice Feasts of three months. I have added these in because I want to boost the re-mineralization process. They are additions to your juice, not necessities. In fact, the extra protein from these things does slow the cleansing process somewhat. For a long healing program such as Juice Feasting, this is not a problem. But it is if you are eating bowls of "superfood paste." If you find yourself not able to control your desire for these things, take them out of the Feast and just drink juice.

With love and peaceful steps,

David Rainoshek

In terms of your coconut oil question, coconut oil is not necessary for a Juice Feast. We have found though that many people are craving healthy fats, and coconut oil will actually help you body to push out unhealthy fats and replace them with good ones! We tell students to do it only if they are craving it, and then only 1 TBS a day.

Another Question:

Hi David & Katrina,

I am so happy you guys are doing this Juice Feast and love your insight. You both have a gift. My question is how intense can we work out during the Global Juice Feast. I am doing the P90X and it is pretty intense. I chose to do this about a month ago and when I started I realized it might cause problems while I am on the Juice Feast. What do you think?

Kathy

We Say:

Great, great question!

Recognize that the primary activities of your body in the first 30-45 Days of a Juice Feast are:

Cleansing - Hydrating - Alkalizing (Notice - Rebuilding is not in here yet)

Moderate exercise - enough to move your body and to make sure that old toxic matter is not stagnating - is sufficient. This includes walking, rebounding, and gentle yoga.

In the second 45 Days or so of a Juice Feast, your body enters a period where cleansing is happening at a slower rate, and you can then turn your bodily energy towards building muscle and toning without compromising the important initial activities of cleansing and healing.

Do not overdo it in those initial weeks - your body is doing everything it can to cleanse and heal. Give it some space and allow it to do what it does best in its own wisdom. There will be time to push it with building types of exercise, be it endurance or strength training.

All that being said of course, people do respond differently to exercising while cleansing and some find that they do have the energy for high levels of exercise. Just be aware that if you do choose to do this, much of your energy is going to the work out, which means less for internal cleansing and healing. We are coming to this with different health realities, so take it as it comes and see what works for you. A good rule of thumb on exercising while Feasting is: Stop when you at about 20% below your maximum output. Rather than giving your work out 110%, give it 80%

Thank you for such a great question! Enjoy your Feast!

Personal Journal:

I was feeling on FIRE (very juicy fire) today! First thing (after making juice and all that jazz) I went for a super crazy bounce on the bouncer and I had so much energy, I couldn’t wear it out! We quite recently inherited an ipod from the parents, and I have been fully enjoying it, especially when bouncing. This morning’s soundtrack was my sister Hezi and her band, and when ever I listen to my sister singing and playing her violin I get so full of love and happiness it makes me choke up. Then I had to go and lift some weights, because I was bursting with energy, and STILL felt flooded with energy! This happened again this afternoon!

Day SEVEN! I am in heaven. I love this Juice Feasting thing. It is getting easier and easier every day.

We hope you are all having a beautiful Friday night, and we look forward to having a really juicy weekend together!

With love and blessings,

David and Katrina Rain

1 comment:

Pippa * Jeanne said...

Guys, just wanted to say that your blog is SO. VERY. INSPIRING ~ thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. As a raw newbie on the Modified Juice Feast (yay, today is Day 8!), I just have to dive into your blog and all the other wonderful sites of inspiration out there to feel renewed in my resolve to continue on this journey of Fresh Healing. You're almost like family to me!

Oh, and I have discovered I love watermelon, too! Goodness, I am even discovering that I love greens! Will the wonders ever cease? :)

Love & light!
Pippa