Saturday, March 8, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day Eight

I Love Cilantro!
Juice Feast Day 8

The Daily Juice Journal:

DAVID:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 9:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, blueberries, raspberries, and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 10:30: 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE # 3: 1:30 1 QUART orange, grapefruit and lemon with 2 TBS bee pollen and 1 TBS Chlorella and 1 TBS hemp oil (on its own)

JUICE #4: 3:30 1 PINT watermelon, blueberry, and raspberry

JUICE # 5: 6:00 1 PINT GVJ with tomatoes, basil, cilantro, parsley, spinach, cucumber, and garlic with a pinch of Himalayan crystal salt.

JUICE #6: 7:30 1 QUART GVJ same as the morning GVJ.

JUICE #7: 8:00 1 PINT orange, grapefruit, and lemon

TOTAL JUICE: 5.5 QUARTS

Detox helpers: morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, tongue scraping

Exercise: Day of rest and rebuilding.

KATRINA:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 9:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, blueberries, raspberries, and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 11:30: 1 QUART GVJ (same as above) with 1 TBS hemp oil, 1 TBS Spirulina, and ¼ tsp kelp (YUMMY!!)

JUICE # 3: 1:30 1 QUART orange, grapefruit and lemon with 2 TBS bee pollen

JUICE #4: 3:30 1 PINT watermelon, blueberry, and raspberry

JUICE # 5: 5:30 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE #6: 6:00 1 PINT GVJ with tomatoes, basil, cilantro, parsley, spinach, cucumber, and garlic with a pinch of Himalayan crystal salt. WOW was this ever good, love love love this juice.

Detox helpers: Morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, tongue scraping.

Exercise: Rest day, we did go grocery shopping!!

NOTE: I changed the juice amounts from yesterday! We just couldn't really do that sweet juice at that time of day! I only had two swallows, and that was enough.

Rainoshek’s Daily Tips:

See how much variety in your greens you can get. David and I realized today, as we were reading Green For Life in preparation for our daily video, that we should really be getting in a greater variety of greens. So far we have focused on romaine, spinach, kale, and parsley with some Swiss chard, dandelion greens, cilantro, and basil. There is also arugula, beet greens, bok choy, carrot tops, collard greens, endive, mustard greens, fennel, mint, and dill to name a few.

Even better, see if you can learn about wild weeds in your area. I know that even here in the Arizona desert we have Lambsquarters, baby tumbleweeds (yes, they are tiny and green and succulent before they get big and brambly and brown) and amaranth (which is a grass, that turns into a grain as it seeds) If you haven’t yet seen it, check out Shazzie’s video on collecting wild weeds!

Your Questions:

Do you encourage nuts and bean sprouts during a feast? what about chia sprouts? What about nut and/or seed milks?

We Say:

Great question. We encourage you to not do any nuts, seeds, or their milks for the duration of your Juice Feast. This includes chia seeds.

Nuts and seeds will completely arrest the cleansing/healing that you would get out of a Juice Feast. They will also tend to constipate you, are mucus forming, acid forming and are not part of the Juice Feast. By all means enjoy these in the context of a maintanence cuisine after your Feast!!

You can juice bean sprouts if you like and add them to your GVJ, as with any other green, leafy sprouty sprouts.

Remember that this is a Juice Feast, and it consists of fresh, raw juices made from high water content leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables.

If you are doing a modified Juice Feast, you would be best off adding in some green smoothies, green soups, and low fat salads to your daily juices, rather than high fat items such as nuts, seeds, and avocados. Greens are building foods, and they build the healthiest body weight and won’t cause blood sugar imbalances the way that fats and sugars will. You will also experience deeper and faster cleansing if you leave out the nuts and seeds and other fats (aside from your 1 TBS of hemp oil per day for very important EFAs) Focus on the greens!

Personal Journal:

Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate!! Juice Feasting, Juice Feasting, Raw, Raw, Raw!!!

Here we are together on Day 8, it is so great! I seem to really be yo-yoing back and forth as to how I feel from day to day. I don’t know if it is because I am over-exercising on my high energy days or not, but I think that might be likely. I need to follow our own advise and only push myself to 80% The thing is, is that I feel like I am only going 50%!!! I have so much energy on my “on” days so far!! I guess I just need to honor the work that my body is doing right now, and leave some energy for cleaning and healing. As the day progressed, I felt better and better, by evening I feel wonderful.

We had our first broken quart of green juice go all over the floor this morning, it fell out of the fridge door when it was opened. The floor got a well deserved mopping. I also noticed, when tilting my head back to drink some juice, that the ceiling has a nice spattering of green on it!! That rambunctious Vitamix!

Did I tell about my earwax? Crazy stuff. We were sitting out in the sunshine yesterday, and David happened to catch a glace in my ears (which I really did just clean recently) and said “hold on, I need to clean your ears out.” He got SO much wax out of them, I have never, ever seen so much come out even when I haven’t cleaned my ears in ages! It was astounding because we really are regular ear cleaners around here. He actually pulled out a long string of wax with a pair of tweezers, and I could feel it moving out and it felt like such a relief! Now that is cleaning house!

I really haven’t had any detox symptoms yet on this Feast, apart from a coated tongue and fuzzy teeth, and low emotional moments that are vivid and STRONG!! This is wonderful. Don’t forget though, if you ARE experiencing detox, celebrate it! Your wonderful body is doing amazing work that is going to keep you strong and healthy for many vibrant years.

“A turnaround in our way of thinking is necessary if health is what we are really after. Health is not the absence of disease. Disease is the absence of health. Health is the presence of something.”
~Udo Erasmus

Can you feel that presence growing?

David and I just Skyped with the weekly Juice-Luck that my dad is holding up in Victoria, B.C. That was a blast. We are going to try and add in some footage of it in our daily video for Day 8, if we can figure out how to get it to transfer into our video editing software.

That is all for tonight dear juicies!!

With love and blessings,

David and Katrina Rain

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

I have also had a lot of "stuff" coming out of my ears!

Fortunately I haven't dropped a juice yet, my kitchen tiles are always splattered!

Happy juicing!

katy said...

there is such generosity in your work..
thank you so much i feel i am learning so much that is of real help..
peace to you
kate

Unknown said...

one of my quarts broke in my bag on the way to work! THAT was a mess.

It was lovely talking to you guys on saturday night :) thanks for all your patient answering of questions :)